Universal Orlando Unveils Toothsome Chocolate Factory & Savory Feast Emporium
A new restaurant in Orlando is a common occurrence. I don’t typically devote a post to such an announcement. But the new Toothsome Chocolate Factory & Savory Feast Emporium coming later this year to Universal’s City Walk is sure to capture the imagination of anyone out there with a serious sweet tooth. Regular readers know, I take my desserts seriously, so let’s dig in!
The concept art looks like Willie Wonka by way of Jules Verne. The design of the restaurant promises to be straight-up steam punk.
Looks pretty cool. But that’s not what prompted me to cover this announcement. As much as I dig the idea of a steam punk chocolate factory, what excites me the most is the bonkers food offerings. The announcement promises “a menu that features unique twists on classic steak, seafood and pasta entrees, gourmet burgers, sandwiches, incredible salads, all-day brunch and so much more.”
Okay. All-day brunch sounds different. But check out what’s for dessert. Universal provided a detailed sneak peek at some of the milkshake flavors that will be offered:
- Chocolate x5: An explosion of chocolate with chocolate spirals, chunks, ice-cream and whipped cream.
- Bacon Brittle: A fun twist on a breakfast favorite with bacon ice cream, bacon brittle, chocolate covered bacon and bacon caramel.
- Espresso Buzzzz: A coffee lover’s dream with coffee ice-cream and chocolate covered beans.
- Red Velvet: A milkshake topped with a Red Velvet cupcake… enough said.
- Key Lime Pie: We’ve taken this classic Florida dessert and turned it into a delicious shake. You’ll even get a slice of pie on top!
They also mentioned unusual sundae flavors like Salted Caramel Flan, Chocolate Brownie Bark and S’mores.
The announcement promises that guests will be able to watch these crazy desserts being made. The restaurant will also include a gift shop where you can buy treats to take home.
The bulk of Universal’s press release was insanely sweet food porn. You may want to bookmark this until after lunch.